From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 18:26:52 -0400
I lost five colonies out of twelve.
We sent a sample to Beltsville back in Feb. and the result was Tracheal mite
and Nosema. The bees had so much honey back in Oct. that they would not take
syrup. Also, four colonies were Buckfast bees that I have never treated for
T-mites. The other hive was a hive started with a package of Italians, they
were not treated as I had read that it was rare for a first year colony to
have a problem with T-mites.
I'm glad Formic Gel is here, I already have a case as I heard the supply was
going to be tight for a few months. I learned a valuable lesson.
Garry Libby
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA
41.56 N    71.17 W
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>