From:
Rod Billett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:36:02 -0400
Dr. Rodriquez wrote
>> Seems to me like you have Varroa mites. Stunted, wingless bees
are two of the signs usually seen with Varroa.

My first thought was varroa as well, but the little bees had nice
little wings as well.  Even so, I  did a random drop sticky board
test:  24 and 48 hour checks showed no sign of mites.

Even with the little wings, the gal could fly quite well.  The
little bee was properly proportioned, just looked like it was
shrunk!

Rod Billett
Lexington, SC