From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:56:10 +0000
On Saturday 03 February 2007 05:00, BEE-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Last Pierco I measured was 5.25mm.  FWIW, I found that to be an ideal size
> cell.  Maybe 0.05mm large, but closer than anything else I've tried.

Allen:
Benson's, in Metcalfe 20 mi S of Ottawa
~5.18, using vernier & reading glasses
the hex is most irregular (5.20, 5.18, 5.14)
Wires stick out, cursing results
(Pierco I think is 5.3+)

All of my frames are marked (I hope I'm not lying)
In the brood boxes only, are 6 of 5.2 in the center

>The logic is prolly OK.  The assumptions are generally where theories go
wrong IMO.ARS has a free program called VarroaPop

For Win?

Just trying to figure out why OA(v) works so well,
almost too well.  Remember I'm a northern BK
so fewer brood cycles

I didn't think winter was coming, but in Jan
it has been worthwhile plugging in the heaters
since it almost has reached -30c twice
Maybe 5-6d use (makes me feel less foolish)

dave