From:
Gauthier Buddy J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:57:29 -0600
I have a product named "STOP STING GAS". The instructions are: "For
controlling stinging bees. Put 1 teaspoonful in burning smoker(DO NOT put on
burning coals). The granules will burn rapidly making a gas which will knock
out the bees."
Half of the label is cut off and Onsted, MI is mentioned. I found a bee
place in Onsted that said they thought that business is closed down and they
knew nothing of the product.

I've scoured the archives and only saw a brief mention of it. It said
something about nitrites and this stuff does have the look and smell of
ammonium nitrate, only milder. It didn't mention anything good or bad about
using something to knock out bees except CO2 and it someone was questioning
the use of it.

I'm concerned about my safety and the safety of the bees. I'm interested in
this product because I'm making my 1st attempt to remove a hive that is and
has been residing under and at the corner of a house trailer for 6-8 months.
I don't know if I want to continue this service, therefore I don't want to
buy a vacuum or any other thing to extricate the bees. Will this product do
the trick? Should I not attempt this? I know of no one locally that has
bees; I have only you people. I just want the "freebees".
Please e-mail my direct and the listserv. I'm currently using the digest.

Buddy Gauthier

Computer Systems Analyst / BeeKeeper Hobbyist
Cameco Industries, Inc.
Thibodaux, LA  70301
Phone: (504)435-4783
Fax:     (504)435-4785
Email:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>