From:
Bill Van Roekel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 08:45:51 -0500
>very carefully I get my wires tight enough but the idea of the cam intrigues
>me, particularly for brood frames where the end bars are longer and can be
>compressed easily.
I do not have plans, but for a quick fix, try this.  Use a scrap of 1x2,
put your wire through the holes, fastening one end, then hold the frame on
its end perpendicular to the 1x2, so that when you push down on the other
end bar, both end bars bend inward.  Then fasten the wire ( while the end
bars are bowed in). When you release the pressure on the end bars, they
will tend to go back to their original position, pulling the wire taut.

>  I like working with the wax and the wood, enjoy the smell of them, and
>using the electric "embedder".  Plastic may be easier, but it just wouldn't
>be the same.
You will get no argument from me!  Is there anything that smells as good as
wax foundation and fresh wood??