Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:34:03 -0600
> Thanks for noting your observations. All that my point was is that no
> dysentery is not a marker for NC. You can have no dysentery with NA, but
> usually have it, compared to NC, which is rare.  It just does not make
> sense to have two very similar diseases of the bee gut that can barely be
> told apart that did not share symptoms.

I guess what I am wondering is whether either nosema actually causes the
condition called dysentery or if, in both cases, there are other factors in
play.

It has always been my understanding that nosema has traditionally been
associated with dysentery, but has not necessarily been the cause.  My
understanding has been that nosema weakens the bees and destroys the
internal workings to the point that other factors come into play.

I could be wrong, but that is what I recall from before the new kid showed
up on the block -- assuming the new kid is really new, not simply the
product of an improved ability to observe and divide existing known
organisms into finer categories.

What does THATHB say, Bill?