Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:30:58 +0000
I'm just back from a week's holiday.  Correctly, I anticipated wet days and long evenings so I took with me a brief case packed with my record cards, dating back to the 1980s with the intention of seeing whether the recent rumours of queens not living as long apply in my area.  I haven't finished the project but can see at a glance that more queens appeared in 4 calendar years in the early days than they do nowadays.
If anyone wants to crib my record cards design, they're on Dave Cushman's website (the World's best!) : Beekeeping and Bee Breeding.
Chris