From:
Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:29:02 -0400
>"Indiscriminant pollination" refers to the apparent honey bee willingness
to visit non-native and invasive bloom species. This generates stronger
invasive stock, already sadly dominating some landscapes with Honeysuckle
vine and bush, Porcelain Berry, Autumn Olive, Russian Olive, Purple
Loosestrife and others.  Probably most beekeepers are unaware of this issue.

I see very few honeybees on honeysuckle around here and I see a lot of
natives on Purple Loosestrife. Don't see much of the others here in central
MA. I love the Purple Loosestrife in the swamp behind my house, good nectar
and very beautiful.