From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:09:56 -0600
Peter Said:
>>>Not only did small cell foundation not slow the growth of varroa
populations, but small
cell colonies reached the threshold at the same time as standard colonies

I attended a meeting in Gainsville, FL, first week in Feb 09. AT the bee
conference another paper on the same subject was presented by University
of Tennessee. It has the same conclusion "The small cell foundation did
not slow the growth of varroa populations".
I don't have all the details, but the abstract will be published in ABJ as
part of the conference Abstracts.

Medhat

Medhat Nasr, Ph. D.
Provincial Apiculturist
Crop Diversification Centre North

17507 Fort Road
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5Y 6H3
Tel: (780) 415-2314    Fax: (780) 422-6096
Mailto:[log in to unmask]