From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:18:19 -0000
>Not saying we face an ecological crisis - but constantly, parts of the
environment do seem to come under more stress. Stress added to stress can
reach a tipping point. Bees are unlikely to be immune.

Robin, I think you should say that we are facing an ecological crisis.

We are clearly on a path that will destroy everything unless we do something
about one critical thing - the exponential growth of the human population.
I believe that virtually every problem that we face is linked to our
inability, or unwillingness, to face up to the fact that humans are the
biggest plague that has ever hit the world.

Fewer humans would need less food, less energy and less land, yet everywhere
we see the argument promoted that we MUST produce more and more food to feed
the ever growing population.  But what does this achieve - even more humans
requiring even more food and other resources!

Unless we face up to the real problem I see little hope for us or the other
creatures on this planet.  We are fiddling while Rome burns.

Best wishes

Peter