From:
tomas mozer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:16:50 EST
> I for  one believe even queenright colonies often have a few laying
workers,
>one of which here put an egg in that queen cell found that developed to
the
>point found, then 'aborted', if you will...<snip>
> Is it possible that the queen could have  managed to get an
>egg up into this cell WITHOUT herself having gone thru the  excluder?
> I have never bought the idea of a worker carrying an egg or larva from
one
>place to another (hive to hive, or one part of the hive to
another)...<snip>

tend to agree with your hypothesis, although have never observed it
myself but recall
reading a study on thelytoky (in bee science) which similarly  described
the aborted laying-worker q-cells...can't rule out the worker-transported
egg theory, though, as can recall reading about it (in b.c.hivenotes,
perhaps) being captured on video in an observation hive at simon fraser
university's beelab, also a few years ago or so...
maybee someone at apimondia in vancouver will present something on this?

Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use
from Juno, the world's second largest online service.
Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html.