From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 07:02:20 -0700
Bob Harrison wrote:>
> Marion Ellis ( researching OA for several years) has expressed concern at
> presentations I have attended over treating bees with OA at any time other
> than the broodless period which is around Thanksgiving in Nebraska.

Bob, I didn't think that Dr Ellis had ever suggested that he suspected m
tubule damage due to oxalic, so I checked with him.  His reply:
Randy,  I have never suggested that OA treatment affected the bees
Malphigian tubules.  I have stated that in the North Central Region
treatments applied in late November to broodless colonies are most
effective.  Treatments applied at other times are less effective, but
we have not observed any colony injury, even when treating 3X at 7
day intervals....feel free to post my reply. Marion