From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:31:57 -0600
Beekeepers who had unsuccessful wintering systems, had placed a half of 1 1/2 "  tube for  ventilation between inner cover and the top brood chamber. This tube is about 8-12" long. Snow was to high. It drifted inside the hives and melted. Bees drowned in the box. When beekeepers checked the bees, bees were wet and had green mold. They have not seen something like this in previous years. Beekeepers who left a ventilation hole in the inner cover and it was staggered   with the hole in winter wrap did better.

Medhat