Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:54:45 -0600
>> We just have to use their tendencies to our advantage.  Let's stop
>> trying to put a square peg in the round hole.

I think that about sums up beekeeping.

Fight the bees and you will lose.

Work with the bees and you will win.

After all, bees have been around in the current form far longer than
humans.  In fact, there is a suspicion that they since they were already
perfect and saw no need for change, that they altered the genes of some
nearby monkeys such that these beasts were compelled to invent trucks to
get the bees to better pasture -- and even design better flowers.

Of course all such plans, innocent and benign as they might appear,
have unintended consequences and the bees had no idea that their plan
would be responsible for destroying the planet -- or for 'reality' TV.