From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:20:12 +0100
Hi All

I realise that Ireland is a long way away from many BEE-L correspondants,
but The moderators usually allow some minor plugging of beekeeping events
and conferences.

This is a shameless plug for the forthcoming conference and series of
lectures at Gormanston in Eire. This is run by The Federation of Irish
Beekeepers, and I fear that their promotion of the event is a little too
modest...
 http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie
will provide more details.

I have nothing to do with the event apart from as a participating beekeeper,
but I can recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone at any level of beekeeping
experiance (and cold Guinness tastes best in Ireland).

This is a much more massive and important event than most will realise, with
around 250 beekeepers attending.

Keith Delaplane will be giving a series of lectures over the six day period,
he will be supported by dozens of other lecturers and demonstrators, that
will deliver more than 50 lectures, workshops and seminars.

You can study for, and take, examinations in all levels of beekeeping and
gain recognised qualifications.

This leads me to my second plug... Last year, one of the candidates for the
highest level, lectureship, qualification was Sr. Catherine (a well known
Irish beekeeper) her subject posed the question " can we interest young
people in beekeeping?" I was impressed by her conviction and approach and I
resolved to add a page or so to my website to describe and promote her
ideas.

The page or so has turned out to be nearer a dozen, but I think her ideas
can be built on to provide a basis by which we can encourage more young
blood into beekeeping.

The URL is
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/involvekids.html

I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed putting it
together.

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman