From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:21:55 -0600
> As a commercial beekeeper, all of my hives are on pallets and are moved by a
> Bobcat at least 4 times per year...

Just for the record, this is not my post.  The original was accompanied by huge
gratuitous quotes which I attmpted to remove.  Unfortunately, I removed the
author's name, and wasted about 10 minutes in the process.

In the future, I will not be trying to fix bad posts -- no matter how good the
content and neither will most other moderators.  It is simply too much trouble,
and the attributions get confused.

As another matter of interest, if you have tried to post and not seen your post
on the list, here's something that happens: oftentimes people will think they
are replying to the list when the reply function addresses the response only to
the original author, so we never see it.   If you like to post to BEE-L and want
to make sure your post did not get lost, I recommend you set your options on
BEE-L to NOACK and REPRO or check at
http://listserv.albany.edu/archives/bee-l.html after you post.

Then, if you make a post to BEE-L and it does not appear on the list within a
day at the very most, take a look in your 'sent' box and figure out why it did
not meet the guidelines (which you should have kept or which you can find in a
simple search at http://listserv.albany.edu/archives/bee-l.html).

Then please repair it and re-submit it for approval.  If your post has
disappeared and you can't figure out why, address a question to the list and a
moderator will intercept it and let you know what happened.  We appreciate all
posts and don't want to lose any.

Thanks

allen