Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 08:45:39 -0400
The posts so far confirm my point which is that the neonics are not the
be-all and end all of issues with our bees as well as bird and other
insects, but you would not think that from some studies posted on this
list. Granted that most of them weasel-word with could, might, possibly and
others that modify the certainty but do not change the study title or
headlines.

I realize that this is the age we now live in- as noted by Peter's post on
bias- and many articles on scientific studies and the number of
non-reproducible studies, most of which are in the "art" sciences rather
than chemistry, physics  and he like. We have seen our share on this list,
so beekeeping is not immune.

The only reason I brought this up is I never tire of tilting with
windmills. I know that those who have made up their minds and have been
converted to the true faith have no room for dissent, but that is why this
list is so good. Lots of Don Quixotes.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine