From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:20:49 -0500
So tape measure in hand I went and measured.  The bed itself will hold 17 packages (21 if I crowd them).  The packages will be on pallets (damn wheel wells are in the way).  Then I'll have to build a platform on the sidewalls to stack the remaining packages.  Figuring 30 packages per level, 36 if I crowd them, I'll have to go 5 or 6 layers high; almost 6 feet above the sidewalls of the truck. As such I will have ventilation​ in my comfort zone, but I won't be comfortable with the cobbled construction.  So I'm leaning back towards a 12-foot box truck rental traveling with the cargo door open.

I suspect your problem is  the starting point of 30 per level is fairly low.  Lots of space    In my cages 180 packages volume is 42 inches x 48 x 96  Even if you space them much further apart your have no fitting them in the normal constraints of a pickup bed,  drop the tailgate and add another 24" of deck space.

You didn't mention whos they were  but if they are not prepacked they will use the space not filled by wheel wells and probably run at least 6 wide of not 8 across most of the truck. 8 rows with the tailgate down. Which would be  56 per layer on the low side. Which would be 3 1/2 layers.
5 layers is just level with the cab.

Call the supplier and ask for their thoughts

Your call,  of course,  just thoughts!

Charles