From:
al boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:46:07 -0500
Hello all,
I know the rules for summer moving of hives within a yard area but what
about winter moving?
Do the girls forget their orientation if cooped up for a couple of weeks,
or am I courting disaster trying to move them a couple  hundred feet at
once. I'm in the southern edge of North Carolina . We have a very short
cold spell now and have a window of about two more weeks before spring
breaks. I would like to move several hives to a more accessable area of
the farm with the rest of the hives.
Thanks for any responses.
Al Boehm
Columbus N C

PS - on the gmo subject there is a very fine article on a recent crop
incineration that has not made national news. Read about it at

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,865021,00.html
title:  Alarm as GM pig vaccine taints US crops
Strict new guidelines planned after contamination