From:
Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:07:14 +0200
Cam wrote:
I treat 4X, once per week with OAV. I find it does get most of the mites. I believe, if you treat only once [I've tried it with very poor results] you only get the phoretic mites and those in the brood hatch and replace them. By doing it once a week you get the newly hatched mites and I have had good success with this method.

In this way, don't you have queen events (death, requeening, ...)?
Here, mites become more and more resistant against thymol. Your approach could be a valuable alternative.
Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ghislain De Roeck,
Belgium