From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:56:35 -0400
Janet >I have noticed that the very white drone larvae tend to have an obvious yellow stripe running through them, and I take it this is a gut full of yellow pollen/pollen sub based bee bread.

I've noticed many times that capped drone larva have that yellow strip and they are always in healthy colonies. It's most obvious when drone brood is broken while removing frames where cells were placed between the bottom and top bars of brood boxes.  I would caution against the assumption that the yellow coloring is a gut full of pollen until they have been examined under a scope.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire