From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 19:34:20 -0400
>> having 5 possible levels of the outcome variable (starved) will fragment the data (observational bee data already tend to be fragmented and noisy)....

Concerning the winter loss survey.
Apart from the two choices 'dead' or 'alive.'
If the survey would include simple observations
anyone can make such as:

1. How much weight of honey was left.
2. Was there pollen.
3. Estimate month of death.
4. Age of the colony.
5. Were the dead bees in a cluster?

This information could prove useful.

BTW. Still no swarm calls here in SW PA
that I am aware of. I've heard rumors of
2 swarms caught 40 miles east near
Pittsburgh last week, but none here yet.
Swarm time generally is in the first week
of May for SW PA.

Best Wishes
Joe Waggle