From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:00:27 -0300
Randy:

My question is why you, Ghislain, and others are focusing solely upon the
> neurotoxic effects of the neonics, when in the real world bees are exposed
> to a greater degree to other classes of neurotoxins--all of which would
> have sublethal (or lethal) effects.

I do not know about California.  I do know about PEI.  Here in the PEI real
world the number two insecticide that bees are exposed to are
neonicotinoids.  Number one is amitraz because we put it right in the
hive.  The neonics are on potatoes, soybeans, corn and now maybe some
grain.  No other insecticide comes remotely close in usage here.

Another main pesticide though is chlorothalonil and we see lots of entombed
pollen where it has prevented proper fermentation of beebread likely by its
action on yeasts.  Do you have any data to show that it has any neurotoxic
effects on bees?  Or that any herbicides have neurotoxic effects?

Stan