From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:01:58 -0500
From: Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>

> Glenn and I are content with the low varroa levels in our smr hives.

Hello Bob -

I think I may have asked you this before. Your smr hives have not been
treated with any chemicals? This is encouraging if so. Does this make a full
2 years yet that you have had these bees?

You so aptly pointed out, in your reply to Dee, how [some] officials
(Jackson) are relying on comb size to determine whether a hive is
Africanized or not. By this standard, we must all assume then that anyone
buying 4.9 foundation and putting it into their hives will then be keeping
AHB's. There needs to be thinking outside the box.

Regards,
Barry