From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:50:58 -0500
D Thompson wrote:

> In the spring, after the honey is thiner
> the residue will ferment
> You can smell

I guess it all depends on where you are and how long the supers are off
the hive. In Maine, they are stored in September and do not see the
light of day until June (or late May for the optimists). That is over
seven months. By then, they will be fairly "dry". Even in the freezing
cold, the excess honey will sublimate and "dry" out.

Especially if any fermentation took place, which I doubt happens up
here. Needs to be warm for that.

This thread has lots of information, all of it good but bad if you do
things in the north that work in the south and vice versa. Which is the
reason you always see where I am located from my signature line.

Bill Truesdell
McMurdo Sound, Antarctica