Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2012 21:38:09 -0500
> Some may decry this fact, but the superior returns on investment from
> capable management of selected stock more than compensate for the added
> burdens on the farmer.

When I started keeping bees I would harvest about 20 lbs of honey per
colony, which was the same as everyone around me.I was a "successful"
beekeeper.

When I adopted George's methods, a bad year was 50-75 lbs and a good year
about 150+. It does require a bit more work, but can give as much as an
800% return on investment. Plus, the truth is you actually work less as you
do not need to feed and your bees go into winter with good stores and a lot
healthier in spring.

And I never have to feed except in the spring, when I put on candy, because
even though  they still have honey, with a long cold period, they can
starve with honey all around them, The candy is directly over the cluster,
so they are in contact with it even in the cold.It is more as insurance
than necessity.

I agree with your comment. It is all with the beekeeper. Your bees will
only be as good as you allow them to be.I thank George for that. Which
brings us full circle- it is not the size of the operation but it always
gets back to the beekeeper - and who they listen to.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine