From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:10:59 -0400
Todd writes:
All I'm suggesting here is that we probably know a hell of a lot less than
we think we do about effects of synthetic compounds on the world around us,
and the little we do know usually comes from painful realizations after the
fact.

Of course. But we still have to eat, have to live. We go on limited
information always. I would rather place my bet with scientific inquiry and
testing than fear mongering and superstition.

We are so much better off now in regard to pure food than 100 years ago.
Food then was aldulterated and contaminated. They used to put carbolic acid
in fresh milk to "disinfect it"!

pb