From:
BeeFarmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:18:25 -0400
I have several hive that this year in Ohio I am planning on going with and
without a bottom probably about 50/50.  One advandage I have heard which I
don't take as gospel but will see for myself if possible, is that with the
screen bottom board being open the bees will not have to leave the hive to
relieve themselves.

BeeFarmer
Getting Kids involved in 4H Beekeeping
http://www.homestead.com/BeeKeepers/Opening.html

> I have used a screened bottom board on one of my hives this summer.
Should