From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:15:06 -0500
On the topic of pollen collection...didn't we just share a paper detailing how, when honey bees need to tweak the protein profile in the hive, they do not seek targeted pollens, they just bump up the overall rate of pollen foraging?

And yet, as Peter said, they have been observed choosing one pollen source over another.

Has anyone looked deeply into this issue, and if so can you post an overview? It would help inform our club in a local project (the garden club is doing some wide scale municipal plantings and are seeking advice on how best to plant for honeybees and wild pollinators).