Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:42:52 -0500
What could you call pancake syrup made from watered down pasteurized and
or preserved honey?  I don't think you could call it "honey syrup" but maybe
you could.  I'm sure you could call it "pancake syrup" or "waffle syrup" but
what would be a good, accurate, and lawful name for it that included the word
"honey"?  It would be nice to be able to call it "honey pancake syrup".  My
family and I for many years have used honey on waffles.  We never watered it
down, but we heated it to make it runny.  That kept the waffles warmer too so
they tasted better.  Now that I think about it, I did make some homemade syrup
from brown sugar, water, and lots of honey (added a little maple flavoring too)
and that worked pretty good.  We kept it in the refrigerator and "pasteurized"
it before each use so it wouldn't chill the waffles.  Back to the name:  would
it be legal to call the syrup "honey whatever" as long as you just didn't call
it "honey"?

Layne Westover
College Station, Texas