From:
Tom Speight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:11:33 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Automatic digest
processor <[log in to unmask]> writes
>The advice on requeening in the UK
>is usually to rear queens yourself if at all possible.
Chris, I agree entirely with this. What is your local reaction to the
news that MAFF intend to allow the import of package bees from NZ.?
The concern in Cumbria is that it will bring in more trouble with
Kashmir bee Virus, which we undersatnd is one of the diseases infecting
bees there.
Does anyone (in Germany perhaps, where they already import them) know of
the effect of this virus in conjuction with varroa?
NZ is fortunate in not having the mite -probably dur to their RIGIDLY
ENFORCED importation regulatons.
--
Tom S