From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 19:44:11 -0800
Jack & Susan Griffes wrote:

> >From personal experience - not conjecture - I can assure you that if the
> bees strip the wax off one patch or one side or one whole sheet of Duragilt
> they will never in a million years rebuild the comb CORRECTLY on that frame
> UNTIL you replace the foundation.

        Thats what I thought untill I got some bees from Rossman in GA.
In general, these bees are very good at comb building and especially
comb repair. I was quite surprised to see them reconstructing very nice
worker cells over bare spots on Duraguilt. I've had Duraguilt in my
operation for years and have never seen this before. Just another
example of the many charcteristics that are possible to find in our
bees.