From:
Bruce Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 20:21:43 -0700
Hello Joel,

I was wondering if you could help me out.

A friend of mine who was a beekeeper has decided to give me the last of
his hives and some equipment.  Along with his stuff was approx. 8
suppers, full of honey.  They had been stored in his bee shed for about
1 1/2 years.  When I inspected them, they had had several spiders and
some cobwebs were in the frames.

What I wondered is if I could clean the combs with plain water and then
crush the combs to extract the aged honey.  I could then strain the
honey and dilute it with water.  I could then feed to my hives for
sugar.  I could also add some Terimyicin.

What do you think?  Any majot drawbacks?

Thanks

Bruce Hamilton