From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2015 21:33:59 -0500
ET: "None of this conversation (by Mr Krengel or Eugene) even approaches an
adequate response to my concerns regarding the brand of honey or the
potential for some small number of folks to totally devalue this positive
consumer feelings concerning the product many of us here sell."

And you have not explained to me how a commercial kitchen prevents one from
adding corn syrup or other adulterants to honey.

ET: "Eugene (beyond admitting his own illegal selling of honey) has also
reported (in his last response to this issue) that the existing 'law' is
already being skirted by one commercial beekeeper."

The difference is, the commercial beekeeper knew he was supposed to be
inspected. I, like most of the smaller-scale outlaws, were not even aware we
were breaking the law until the health departments began cracking down. And
yet there were no reported health problems from all this wanton criminal
activity.

ET: "Basically the larger the price differential the more motivation there
is for folks to cheat or game the system"

If anything, relaxing the regs will decrease this differential, as
small-to-midsized beekeepers will not need to shell out thousands of dollars
for compliance. And the cheapest stuff is what comes in from overseas and
has the highest potential for being watered down or worse. I don't know
about Texas, but Missouri seems to have no interest whatsoever in protecting
consumers from that stuff.

ET: "And finally the ULTIMATE question I pose here is.... Is this change in
the law good for all?   That is it a positive thing for both the producer
and the consumer?"

And the ultimate answer is YES - fewer headaches for the producer, more
choices and lower prices for the consumer, and ZERO effect on health and
safety.

Eugene Makovec