From:
Daniel Thommen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:16:58 +0200
To answer Greg Hankins's message about "Apistan and walkaway splits?" I
wanted to talk about the efficiency of Apistan.

I red other messages about Apistan treatement and I just wanted to warn you
about the mites getting resistant to fluvialinate wich is the active
substance in apistan. Over here, we used Apistan for several years, and a
lot of us did not control the efficiency of the treatment.
2 Years ago a lot of beekeepers had a bad surprise. We actually lost about
30% of our hives and think that this was due to the inefficiency of apistan
against Varroa.
So I wonder if other beekeepers made the same experience.

Daniel
Daniel Thommen (10 DB hives at 420 m )
Grand Pré 76
1202 Geneva (Switzerland)