From:
Fernando Esteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:10:14 -0300
I cautiously published the first online survey carried out by the main
author of this work in 2016 (Espacio Apícola magazine no. 117 - photo
attached). It was published before by the ABJ (156,11, 1247-1250). My
objective was to support an "effort" to understand the strength or
weakness of beekeeping and its causes in my country.

My main objection was related to the online survey methodology
(Argentine beekeepers mostly do not like to use the Internet or to
answer surveys of any kind) and then to the data analysis.

In summary, the analist gave the same magnitude to the information
collected in Buenos Aires Province (where approximately 50% of the
beehives of the country are registered and where the pollster had a very
low response rate) with the information collected in Neuquén Province
(where the number of beehives does not reach 5% of the national total
and there is a greater incidence of oficial agents).

Despite having pointed out those details to him, the following year he
returned with the same refrain. I explained the situation to him and to
some of those who signed this paper... none of them responded. They are
probably still online in front of some beautiful Patagonian lake
adjusting reality to their interests or whoever pays them for their
scholarship.

--
Fernando Esteban
Espacio Apícola