From:
BOB & LIZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 17:50:20 -0400
I might  to invest in varroa tolerant stock if the cost is not double or triple what I normally pay and the bees perform as the bees I currently use.

To me dogs explains the issue.

You own a dog which is chewing all the hair or its back because of fleas. You get gobs of fleas when you use the flea comb. You do not want to use a flea collar because chemicals are bad!

So you decide to raise a breed of dog which tolerates fleas. After 20 years your dog has not stopped chewing but now only chews a small spot on its back.

All the dog breeders see the results as wonderful. The Dog Breeders of the world magazine publishes an article on your success.

The next door neighbor still brings his flea collar treated mutt inside to prevent flea re infestation whenever he sees your dog let outside.

bob