From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 08:16:13 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

At the  same time what puzzles me is how come Australia have Nosema ceranae
with  out having varroa or Asian bees, particularly considering that
NosemaC
migrated recently (last 20 years) to  EHB.

What leads you to believe that Nosema C migrated recently to EHB?   There
is an island off the French coast which is in quarantine to keep varroa  out
and this has been successful; however they do have Nosema ceranea.

Could it be that Nc has 'always' been around but we didn't think of looking
 for it and people looking through microscopes saw what they expected to
see?

Chris