From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:39:50 -0800
text/plain (31 kB) , model 2.JPG (33 kB) , model 1.JPG (54 kB) , model 3.JPG (31 kB) , model 4.JPG (169 kB) , model 1.JPG (54 kB) , model 2.JPG (33 kB) , model 3.JPG (31 kB) , model 4.JPG (169 kB)
Hi All,

There is a class that has volunteered to create a simplified online version
of my varroa model, available at
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/randys-varroa-model/

One instructor feels that the *graph* (the graph below, not the model) is
too much information overload for the first-time user, because it has the
bee pop, the brood pop, the mite pop, and alcohol wash count all in the
same graph, as in the example shown.

She feels that it would be better to work first-time users into it by
allowing them to create simpler graphs of their own, and then overlay them
as they wish, as in the following examples:

I, of course, feel that my original graph puts it all together nicely in a
single picture, so that the beekeeper at one glance can see how they are
all related.  We are at an impasse, so I suggested that I take a survey.
Could those of you who are first-time viewers please tell me which you
prefer--my original graph with everything on it, or to build it up step by
step?  Those of you who have used the model, please tell me your first
impression.

My intention is for the online model to have only a very few choices to
input, with no requirement for Excel, and usable on any device.  It would
only show the graph, the yellow cells for entering info, and the treatment,
date, and mite count columns, similar to below, but without as much text.

​
Please send me an email, with either "original" or "multiple" on the
subject line, so that we can decide how to make the model the most user
friendly.

Thanks for your help!
​
​