Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:28:34 GMT
>>And how are Hackenburg's bees now? Healthy since he started using
Amitraz. The strips are there, and the crystals are on the strips.

They talked about big losses in 2006, 2007 and 2008.  They called Hackenburg an expert beekeeper of some 42 years and said he had varroa under control and varroa could not account for the symptoms they were seeing but I am not sure if this referred to 2006 or a more recent year.

>>I think Bob H has it right. It's PPB! Not neonics, not IAPV, not N.
ceranae. It's Varroa out of control. Varroa compromising the bees'
immune system so the pathogens can do their dirty deeds.

May very well be to a large extent although the article did not imply this.  I don't know since I have not even seen a CCD colony.

Waldemar