From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:39:38 -0500
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the
BEE-L
list  at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It has been edited to remove quotes of
previously posted material.

----------------- Original message (ID=CC77CE58) (60 lines)
-------------------
From: "Shakey Jake" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: RE: FULL plastic frames for brood rearing?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:03:10 -0500

Hi Zach
        We put out about 40 all plastic frames last year in the upper brood
box on
new colonies. The bees were slow to draw out, but most of them turned out
ok. Really won't have a good idea till we can get back in them in spring. If
you decide to try all plastic for your "varroa destructor" you may need to
contact one of the manufactures of them and ask if they can be molded out of
a heat resistant nylon plastic. The ones we purchased seem to be molded from
a high density polyethylene and would suffer severely from the heat of the
wires. High heat nylon from Dupont can handle up to 400 f ( for a short
period) without distortion.

Jake
Good-Rich Apiaries
www.good-rich.com