From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:12:03 -0400

> It was 1.06 am that I sent the last post to this list.  Re-reading it
> suggests that it is easy to pontificate and theorise in the long
> watches of the
> night but I can't for the moment think of any practical
> applications of what I
> wrote. Perhaps you can.

Knowing what a bee breeder is aiming to achieve would assist
beekeepers in choosing stock that matches the needs of their
operation.  Unfortunately, many queen producers are dealing in
quantity and likely don't know the characteristics of their stock.  A
well known member of this list  , at a joint meeting in Niagara
Falls, called north american queen production a "crap shoot"
> Did you go to Apimondia? I have yet to read a full report and
> Trevor is
> uncharacteristically reticent.

I did not attend Apimondia in Melbourne.  September is a busy bee
time here and Australia deserves more than a week or two.  I am
planning to attend the conference in France in 2009.  South America
is the only continent(ex Antarctica) that I haven't visited, so
Argentina is inviting in 2011

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada