From:
Barry Sergeant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:42:12 -0400
I'm about to invest in a macro lens, in order to be able to photograph
bees close up. I've checked out the manufacturers' claims, and
listened to the salesmen. But I have a suspicion that I need some
comments from experienced hands in the field. I want to be able to fill
a printed postcard-sized photo with a worker bee, as a minimum
requirement. I have a Pentax system, to be specific, and would like to
stick with the brand.

We're preparing for spring here, and I thought it may be a good idea to
compile a portfolio of pics of all the aspects of scutellata life, for
posting on the Internet. Under duress, I may even include a shot or
two of capensis!

Much thanks,

Barry Sergeant
Kyalami