From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:39:51 -0500
>You can take the dead and place the boxes below your strong colines and they
>will clean them up were you can extract and store them with moth crystals. By
>placing them below at least most of the dead naterial will not be pulled
>across your good combs. I would advise that at the very least you dust with
>Terramyacin during the clean up as a preventative.
>
>Dean Brreaux
>Hybri-Bees
>11140 Fernway Lane
>Dade City Florida 33525
>352-521-0164

Thanks for the tip Dean.  It sure is no fun cleaning out the dead, moldy
brood chambers, but I'm making progress;  they are really piling up.
Fortunately, the number of soggy/leaky/moldy brood combs is not too bad;
I'm consolidating these together and will get them to the strong colonies
ASAP.  Maybe I'll get lucky and the local beekeepers will let their bees
swarm for me...      I was also informed about CERTAN which is a
moth-proofing compound (seems to me it might be bacterial); may try that
but the best recourse is to get bees back on the combs to clean them up,
I'm convinced.   Regards,  Joel