From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:03:33 -0500
Hello Stan & All,
> feed several tons of global patties in the spring but would never consider
> fall feeding because the bees are glutted out on goldenrod pollen.

What if your pollen was not available in fall. I talked about in a *previous
post* which maybe you missed about me moving bees to avoid feeding
supplement. About many commercial beeks moving bees into Iowa to avoid
feeding supplement. Take a look at the start of the discussion.

The research posted questioned the value of supplement.

No pollen (or sub regardless of brand) and the bees will NOT produce winter
bees.

The subject line was about producing winter bees and I shared my methods.

Three brood cycles and if the fresh pollen is not available I feed
supplement (with real pollen added).

 your criticism does not
> seem fair to me.

Point taken.

I can be blunt. Ask the beekeepers which have asked me to diagnose their bee
problems. Telling a beekeeper his bees are sick and its his fault has pissed
 many a beekeeper off. I do not have all the answers for sure and am not
a expert on bees or beekeeping but I will always tell beekeepers and
researchers my opinion honestly.

If my bees look like crap and I ask you to tell me what you think please
tell me honestly. Not what you think I want to hear.

I have even pissed my lifelong friend Horace Bell off a few times with my
opinion but after a while he cools off and says *thanks* as he knows his
help are yes people and although beekeepers might not always take my advice
they ALL know I give the best advise honestly trying to help based on years
of beekeeping, internet research and reading beekeeping books and magazines.

Sorry to hear of your problem with pollen.

bob