Date:
Sat, 26 May 2018 10:59:42 +0000
>>>   ...   newest to me is bees uncapping the brood and then re-capping which disrupts the mite but save the brood
<><><>   I have been seeing a good deal of brood being uncapped in the white, purple eyed pupa stage but was not aware of what it meant or what was happening.  I did not see any chewed brood in all the reopened cells.  Had the bee inspector out last Thursday and when he saw that he said that was a good sign, that the bees were hygienic.  I'll have to mark some frames and do some follow up inspections now, see if the open cells are recapped and then bees emerge.    Has any one else seen this?  What is your take on this kind of event?
Mike in LA