From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:39:20 -0400
Hello All,

I have been seeking for quite some time, a complete copy of  “The Bee” by
Dr. Evans. Passages from Evans, ‘the bee’ have been cited by Dr. Beavan
(1827, 1843), and Neighbour (1866) as well as other literature written
during the 19 century.  Perhaps, lengthy, Dr. Evans work is always found
fragmented, and never in it’s complete form.  I have extreme interest in
gathering Evans works in its entirety, as I believe it, as is Virgil,
perhaps one of the most beautiful Apiarian poetic literature written.

Neighbour writes of Dr. Evans:
“Dr. Evans—who may be styled the poet-laureate of the bees lived at
Shrewsbury, where he practiced as a physician. His poem on bees is written
with great taste and careful elaboration, and it describes the habits of
bees with a degree of accuracy only attainable after continuous scientific
observation.”

An extremely difficult search, I‘m only coming up with fragments.  I am
also looking for a biography of Dr.Evans. I just don't have the resources
some here might.  Thanks in advance!

Very Best Regards,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles