From:
Irwin Harlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:42:54 -0500
From a good friend....... who knows.....

Perhaps there is finally some good news that we heard about last night.
USDA estimates that there are 30 million pounds of white honey left in the
US currently, and estimates put Canada at around 25 million pounds.  This
being said, European retail prices for honey have just increased by 25%.
With only 55 million pounds of white honey left in the world, the prices
should be up drastically very soon.  The next “white honey” crop will not
be available for almost half a year.  This means that there is roughly 20%
of the honey that was used in the first 6 months left available.  Should
help prices sooner than we thought!

What  about the Argentina crop

Yes, Argentina does produce some white honey, as does China and Austrailia
and so on.  Primarily speaking, North America produces the majority of the
worlds white honey as Argentina produces a lot that is ELA or Amber.  Many
beekeepers that we have talked to from Argentina are saying they have been
getting 80mm honey this year.  By comparison, I don’t know if this is
normal, darker, or lighter than usual.

irwin

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *