From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:31:24 -0700

> >In examining the work, it is evident that the bees sometimes drew the
> entire 5.0 frames perfectly, but often they drew part of the surface
> according to the pattern, but the rest was odd shaped cells or larger
> cells. The larger cell foundfation was generally drawn perfectly without
> odd shaped or drone cells.

To me, foundation is merely a "suggestion" to the bees, rather than an
obligatory blueprint.  I listen to what the bees tell me.  They appear to be
telling Allen that they liked his suggestion of larger cell size, but didn't
so much care for his suggestion that they follow the smaller cell size.

Randy Oliver