From:
Robert Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:29:42 +1200
>1) Plastic pollen trap inserts

>In the early 80's we came across pollen trap inserts made of perforated
>plastic. They were produced in Europe..  I have not seen any of these
>inserts in our part of the U.S. in recent years, nor have I found them in any
>catalogues.

About 15 years ago I purchased a role of the type of perforated plastic
sheeting from france.  We used it to make inserts for pollen traps.  A french
beekeeper who was on holidays had dropped in while we  making pollen traps
and suggested that we replace metal with plastic.  I gave him some money so
that when he returned to france he could bye a role of the plastic and send it
over, which he did.  I cant remember his name but he was one of their bigger
beekeepers.  From what I remember this material was easily obtained.  The
material has lasted well and is still in use in pollen traps.

Robert Rice.
Apiculture Services Manager (Sth Island)
MAF- Quality Management
Lincoln
New Zealand.